"...He prayeth well, who loveth well, Both man and bird and beast.

He prayeth best, who loveth best, All things both great and small;
for the dear God who loveth us, He made and loveth all..."

The Rime of the Anchient Mariner -Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Journey of a Thousand Miles...

Let me preface my first blog with this:

I start this as a way to document my life over the next few years. As my friends know, I don't spend a lot of time on the phone, so I don't want to use this blog to isolate myself. I realize some use Facebook as a blog, but I use my Facebook page as a homage to my sweet dog: CLEO.

Chapt 1 The Beginning
I should note the beginging with the very begining, and state that I was born in Miami, FL. I am the youngest of four children. I was blessed with a unique family. I graduated from high school in Lewiston, Idaho. I graduated from the Coast Guard Academy & served a two-year tour of duty on the CG Cutter VALIANT out of Miami Beach FL. My current assignment is at the CG National Maritime Center in West Virginia, where I have a home and a dog.

Today I delivered my resignation from the Coast Guard to the 'front office'. After much prayer and thought I know that this is the right decision; we only have one life to live & at the age of 27 I already feel my 20's slipping away. I believe we all have a purpose in life. Like Esther from the Bible, who knows that I have been brought here except for such a time as this.

We are given special gifts and talents and desires, and we should be so lucky to endevor to use our talents to make the world a better place.

My talent(s) have been honed over the last 9.5 years in uniform, but I sincerely believe my life's purpose lies outside of the Coast Guard.

I sit here, watching the Commander and Chief, President Obama as he gives his State of the Union about how the US needs to be at the forefront of green/clean energy and healthcare reform. He is whitty. He is persuasive. The transformation to a Green Collar economy and healthcare starts with one step. So too, my journey started with one step...like all journies, like all change.

I will write a lot about God, people, coincidences, destiny, purpose, the environment and the cosmos.

I invite you to walk with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers