"...He prayeth well, who loveth well, Both man and bird and beast.

He prayeth best, who loveth best, All things both great and small;
for the dear God who loveth us, He made and loveth all..."

The Rime of the Anchient Mariner -Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Friday, January 29, 2010

Legal Hold

2.2-
I added this blog to PeaceCorpsJournals.com under the Applicants section!
My audience will now include other Peace Corps Volunteer (PCV) hopefuls, who like myself are anxious to share our experience with the long and ellusive PC application process, and who try to decipher what is happening to us based on other people's experiences.

For those just tuning in, I'm an environmental education nominee for a project in Latin America with a Sept 2010 departure. I submitted my medical paperwork on 4DEC09 and was cleared on 24DEC09.

I have noticed that there is remarkably little information on the Legal review process of the PC. They take fingerprints the old fashion way, so I guess they run our prints against the FBI's NCIC database. They probably run credit report on us too.

In my case, my military obligation won't be complete until May 2010, so Ill be on Legal Hold for a while.

In the meantime, I'm trying to sell my home as a short-sale (so I won't have that burden during my PC service); as far as I can tell it should not effect my credit report, and therefore should not effect my Legal elegability...right?? In a worst case scenario I'll just keep my home, but we'll see. Ahhh, financial times like these.

1 comment:

Followers