"...He prayeth well, who loveth well, Both man and bird and beast.

He prayeth best, who loveth best, All things both great and small;
for the dear God who loveth us, He made and loveth all..."

The Rime of the Anchient Mariner -Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

501 Verbs

2.6
I went running this weekend on the beautiful C&O Canal in Maryland when it finally occured to me that my 501 Spanish Verb book might be a good one to take with me. I don't know why I'm obsessed with what books I will take to my future PC assignment, because it's not like I'm a huge reader.

I saw a book in the library about finding a job and explores the idea of identifying each person's unique gifts, passion & abilities.
Gifts: something you do uniquely better than most anyone
Passion: things you love to do
abilities: things you can do
(I don't remember teh title, but I need to get it after i'm done w/ my other books.)

I think my gift is Spanish! I discovered my passion is the environment. abilities...I can do all things to a mediource standard!! (which bothers me sometimes, but i'm not passionate about perfection).

Sitting here thinking, i'll finally get to do something that I'm good at!!

A shout-out (is that phrase still used anymore?) to my PC Journal personalities who have recently gotten or will soon get Invites: Elaina, Jorie & all the other folks! Enjoy--I'm sure you are walking on clouds right now:)

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read that, but I am voraciously reading everything related! I'll probably check it out when I have some free time this summer (finals are quickly approaching and I need to put my senioritis to rest haha).
    And yeah, I think 'shout-out' is still used lol.

    Yay!

    Elaina

    ReplyDelete

Followers