"...He prayeth well, who loveth well, Both man and bird and beast.

He prayeth best, who loveth best, All things both great and small;
for the dear God who loveth us, He made and loveth all..."

The Rime of the Anchient Mariner -Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Sunday, April 4, 2010

I dreamed a dream...

2.5-
I'm amazed to think that I will soon be out of the Coast Guard. The wheels are in motion & in June I'll officially be terminal leave/permanant vacation & possibly even start collecting unemployment... My house is under contract & as soon as I get a better idea of when I go to 'closing', I might even have a WV yard sale.

Six months ago, I was wavering on whether I was committed to my dream of joining the Peace Corps & willing to 'pull up chaulks'....so I guess this is what 'pulling up chaulks' feels like: excitment about the unknown [paradigm shift b/c I used to be scared of the unknown until recently].

There's a lot of ground to cover over the next two months. Hopefully, I'll have some Peace Corps news soon (but for now, the PC is waiting for my CG dishcharge papers).

For now, dreaming about my 'summer break' goals (Captain's license, GRE, boating, & joining a tennis club)... literally, living the dream.

Also, as an update I have a really strong feeling I'm going to Paraguay in Sept based on the pcWiki... (Mexico or Peru are other possbilities--but I'm getting ahead of myself [dang it! i always do that])!

BTW, Happy Easter! Enjoyed a beutiful day celebrating many blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers