"...He prayeth well, who loveth well, Both man and bird and beast.

He prayeth best, who loveth best, All things both great and small;
for the dear God who loveth us, He made and loveth all..."

The Rime of the Anchient Mariner -Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Life Changing Events and Coincedences

4.7

Long drives give you a lot of time to think about stuff. I drove through a section of the Blue Ridge Parkway (BRP) in VA, then onto SC to visit with friends of the family today.



The BRP is gorgeous & it made me think how lucky I was to experience this part of the country. I tried to memorize everything I saw, so that I could vividly describe this sceane one day...but that's pretty impossible so I ended up taking pictures.

I think in our busy lives, it's way too easy to become numb to the beauty around us. At some point in our lives we stopped being amazed at life around us. I always kid around that certain things 'will change your life' (e.g. reading a book or using my salt Grinder changed my life etc)... So anyway, I think we should be open to letting our lives be changed by small things.

On another note, I should report what I call my 'Mexico Coincidence.' Since getting invited to Mexico, I had found a lot of random Mexico stuff as I was packing (pesos, coins, Mex soccer team jacket). To report the on-going nature of this coincidence, 1) I ran a 5k on Sunday and got a shirt: Made in Mexico & 2) Yesterday, I found matches from a great restuarance called "el malcajuete" from Vera Cruz when I was there in 2006...then today I'm driving down the interstate when I see the a billboard advertizing a Mexican Restaurant called (what else) "el malcajuete"!!

I could go on, but all signs point to Mexico & to Peace Corps (litterally...which is another coincidence story all together).

I still get sad to think about the farewells I've already made and the ones I will soon make...to my family...but I'm good at postponing my feelings as a coping mechanism (good or bad, idk).

3 comments:

  1. "Using my salt grinder changed my life." Yes! It's your little reminders to appreciate the little things that have changed my life. Thank you Liz. Hope to see you July 30!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, yeah i love my salt grinder! looking fwd to see you too!

    ReplyDelete

Followers