"...He prayeth well, who loveth well, Both man and bird and beast.

He prayeth best, who loveth best, All things both great and small;
for the dear God who loveth us, He made and loveth all..."

The Rime of the Anchient Mariner -Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Saturday, August 21, 2010

I view that this as an opportunity to reinvent myself. Following that theme, I’m now going by the name “Betty” instead of “Liz”.

I’m very impressed with the PC Mex Program here (well developed and organized). I feel privileged to be among so many talented Trainees; along with that, I feel intimidated too because these people are experts with specialized education. I am more of a generalist, but I hope to fill the role Peace Corps assigned to me.

***I've been assigned to a post inside of a National Park of the Mexican State of San Luis Potosi! I found this out today.

I haven't had enough time to do the proper research on the state of San Luis Potosi etc, because we moved in with our Sponsor families.

My host mom (very sweet older woman) greeted me with a bouquet of flowers, she took me home, then had a tour of the house (it's big). I have my own room & the house has internet! She has two other American exchange students who are here for a while, and there is no lack of family members here. They took me to the downtown area and we walked around; downtown Queretaro is gorgeous and happening!!! Once i know my way around, I'm def going back with some of my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers