"...He prayeth well, who loveth well, Both man and bird and beast.

He prayeth best, who loveth best, All things both great and small;
for the dear God who loveth us, He made and loveth all..."

The Rime of the Anchient Mariner -Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Thursday, August 19, 2010

New life, New Blog Title

The beginning of my new life started with a sad farewell of my family & dog Cleo. I arrived to Washington DC for Peace Corps staging & met my new friend Lindsay, who is the spice of life (Lindsay, you rock!). We did some sightseeing of DC before officially registered for Staging at the hotel. We ended up going out for a night on the town.


Next morning, I went for a jog with my new roommate & friend Sara (who rocks too), around the Washington Monument (had been on my 'to-do list' forever). After we got our visas (I made sure we three were the first in line, hehe), we hit the hotel pool for a few hours. It was perfectly relaxing, which was nice because this was the day that never ended. I stayed up until we checked out of the hotel at 2am. In the end I was too exhausted to be sad about leaving.


Right now I feel a real sense of inner peace. I’m happy that I have found laughing-buddies (people who I can laugh with) & that everything is going so smoothly.


I am now a Peace Corps Trainee. On November 10th, we’ll graduate from Training & become official Peace Corps Volunteers (PCV). This Saturday we’ll find out where in Mexico we will be assigned! For the rest of this week, we are having a retreat at a renovated 17th Century monastery; the itinerary is packed with language and cultural training, but also includes Salsa Lessons & Tortilla Lessons (dancing & cooking).


Viva Mexico

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers