"...He prayeth well, who loveth well, Both man and bird and beast.

He prayeth best, who loveth best, All things both great and small;
for the dear God who loveth us, He made and loveth all..."

The Rime of the Anchient Mariner -Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sunday Morning Surprise

4.1

My conversation w/ PC Placement was on Friday afternoon, and I know in an office it can sometimes take a while to processes applications...so I wasn't expecting too much forward movement on my Peace Corps Application Status Toolbox over the weekend. But yesterday (Saturday), I had all the checkmarks, indicative of the Legal Office removing the Legal Hold--surprising to me.

Then this morning (SUNDAY) I woke up to find another 5am email from Peace Corps App update. I logged in to find a beautiful sight. Imagine the screenshot that says:

Congratulations! You have been invited to become a Peace Corps Volunteer

I continue to be amazed that the seas are parting for me in a way that I cannot even have imagined. I feel like my life can be likened to a race through a densely clouded/foggy street--where I can't tell what I'm running from or what I'm running towards...and you just don't know where you are going until you are there.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats Elizabeth! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When is was your nomination for? I am trying to get an idea of others nomination vs. invitation dates to see how long the placement offices are giving people to tell them when their departure dates are. I hope they give us more than the minimum 6 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When is was your nomination for? I am trying to get an idea of others nomination vs. invitation dates to see how long the placement offices are giving people to tell them when their departure dates are. I hope they give us more than the minimum 6 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ askingafrica--i was nominated in Oct09 for a Sept10 Environmental Ed program. At that time, August wasn't an option...but i guess that changed. So, i've gotten >8weeks notices (yikes, 2 months sound't like more time...

    ReplyDelete

Followers