"...He prayeth well, who loveth well, Both man and bird and beast.

He prayeth best, who loveth best, All things both great and small;
for the dear God who loveth us, He made and loveth all..."

The Rime of the Anchient Mariner -Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Monday, June 28, 2010

Do you believe?

The Convergence of Some thoughts:

1) I'm not one of those people who have dreamt of being a Peace Corps Volunteer my entire life. I think the first time I heard about the Peace Corps was from my mom's cousin, who grew up in a poor family in Honduras, being one of eight children. He used to tell us stories about his experience growing up; how somedays the only thing he would have (to eat) was a carton of 'Choco-Lady' chocolate milk distributed at school through a Peace Corps Program.

Isn't it amazing how something so simple as a carton of chocolate milk can change a life? Not just his, but mine too (and probably everyone to whom he tells the story).

2) I believe in making a difference in the world, one person at time & one act at a time. How many times have you walked past a piece of trash laying around and not picked it up? Up until this morning, I would just walk by & just look at it with disappointment, b/c either I was too busy or didn't want to look like a wierdo picking it up.

Today I made a personal committment to pick up trash when I see it (and I did...some people made a bon fire along the Potomac River and just left it there...ughh). [my dad has been doing this all his life for the shear benefit of the environment, the neighborhood, and humanity]

So, I guess I could say, I joined my dad on his One-Man Crusade to Save the World....which leads me to my next thought.

3) What do you believe in? This question can be explored in so many contexts, but suffice it say that if you focus on your beliefs & your mission (in life) then some beautiful things will happen.

What are you willing to do for what you believe in? What legacy do you want to leave behind?...or should i say: "How far will You go?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers